Terms and Conditions
Beeneverywhere.net ("the website") is a non-commercial website hosted in EU and operated by a non-incorporated team from Luxembourg.
We reserve the right to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Disputes, if any, should be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Please no fraudulent claims
We ask our users to enter their visited places fairly. Please do not enter exaggerated, test or fraudulent claims, unless you've made your account "Visible to me only" and "Excluded from the Travellers ranking" in the Profile settings.
We reserve the right to contact any member and ask for proofs for a few randomly selected locations. If we receive no satisfactory evidence, we may exclude such an account from the ranking and/or mark it as untrustworthy.
If your account has been flagged as untrustworthy/questionable, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to remove the flag.
BrowsingWhen you access the website, it will collect and store for 1 month your IP address, date and time of the access, name/version of your web-client software, and the website's URLs you’ve browsed. This data is used for the website's debugging purposes.
While browsing you can opt out by enabling the “Do Not Track” feature of your browser, or by using privacy ad blocker software.
If you decide to register/to login to use more of the website's functions, the use of our cookies is inevitable.
Third-party website analytics
Beeneverywhere.net has Google Analytics installed to understand how the website is used. The website has Google widgets implemented. So, Google will be collecting your data as well.
Beeneverywhere.net's use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
You can opt out by enabling the “Do Not Track” feature of your browser, or by using privacy ad blocker software.
Registering / Logging inWhen you are registering or logging in using your email, Google or social network account, the only personally identifiable information the website collects and stores are:
- your username and your name (the ones you’ve chosen or as in your social network public account data);
- your email (it may be used to send emails to confirm the email address, to recover your password or for communications from the site owners. We will not sell/share your email with third parties);
- the profile picture (the one you’ve uploaded or as in your social network public account data — solely to illustrate your public profile);
- the cities list you entered (to create and to show your map).
Registered users can at any time use our Export page to download their data.
Deleting your data
Registered users can request to delete their account and data.
If you have any questions or other requests, please contact us via email email@example.com.
Safety TipsPeople tend to register on their maps a significant amount of visited places around their current and past home locations. This behaviour may allow potential stalker(s) to guess [past/current] home locations with accuracy to the city name or even to names of districts of big cities. Please use any or all of these methods if the abovementioned is not acceptable:
- Disable public access to your map using the Settings page;
- Disable the display of your visited cities layer on your map;
- Do not register with the website your nearby villages and other small locations, or if you do so, mark these visited places as "Private, do not display" in settings;
- Do not register with the website your current home city, or if you do so, mark it as "Private, do not display" in settings;
- Do not use Beeneverywhere.net
OpenStreetMap data © OpenStreetMap contributors
OpenMapTiles data © MapTiler
Map and location icons created by ChilliColor